Pasta is one of the easiest things to make for dinner. Growing up we had spaghetti on days when we just didn’t know what else to have and were running out of time for anything too fancy. After so long your regular spaghetti and alfredo can become quite boring. The best way to jazz up a dish that you eat regularly is to throw in a new veggie or meat to help top off an already perfect food.
We came up with an idea to take Tofurky Plant-Based vegetarian sausage and red, orange and yellow peppers to create a fettucine alfredo like we never had before. The best part is it didn’t add any extra time to how long it would usually take to make the more basic version.
Also, we love to show how many things you can do with the vegetarian options that are on the market.
1 box Fettucine Pasta or pasta of choice
2 cups Parmesan cheese
1 pint of heavy cream
Red, orange & yellow pepper (or vegetables of choice)
Tofurky plant-based original sausage (Italian) (purchased from Wal-Mart for $3.96
For this meal we spent $9 this amount does not include items we already had at home.
1. Make pasta according to box directions
2. While waiting on pasta cut up your peppers. First in half then vertically.
3. Cut the sausage horizontally
4. In a medium skillet add butter and let melt, place in your peppers and sausage then season with your Cajun seasoning. Let cook until peppers are soft and sausage gets firm.
5. Drain pasta and add a dash of Olive oil and salt then stir.
6. Once your peppers and sausage seem ready, add in the heavy cream, more Cajun seasoning, 1 cup of parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese to your liking. I love cheese so I put a decent amount. Let this sauce thicken.
7. Once thickened pour your sauce into your pot of pasta. Place on low heat then add remaining cup of parmesan and more seasoning if needed. Stir and be sure that all pasta is coated with sauce.
8. Let the flavors marinate for about 5 mins. Then serve!
This is a super easy dish to accomplish and one that the entire family loved! Make this dish into your own and show us!
Subscribe for more family friendly and all around delicious recipes!
Michael & Erica